Skrip - tyur' - i - ent: adj. Possessing the violent desire to write.

4/30/2004

#005 In which our hero is puzzled by his own doodles.

Sometimes when I'm in a meeting I jot things down in the margins of my notes. These are generally short headlines or one or two words to jog my memory about something I want to explore further after the meeting is over.

In reviewing some of my notes recently, I found this:

We're Peter Brady

The meeting was regarding a self-promotional CD the agency is producing; something to get our name and abilities out in front of potential clients. Now, I should say I have no recollection as to why I thought we were Peter Brady, or why that would be a good way to position the agency.

CEO: "Jesus, our marketing plan sucks. We need to get a new agency in here, someone that will shake things up, put us on the map. But I'm sick and tired of the market-leading, #1 agencies we've been dealing with. We need someone that isn't as popular, someone that does good work but is generally overshadowed by a bigger agency. We need someone like... like..."
LACKEY: "Peter Brady?"
CEO: "That's it!"

Strange how my mind works. Not only did I think this was an interesting idea, but I thought it was interesting enough to write down.

Sometimes I draw little pictures, too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home