Skrip - tyur' - i - ent: adj. Possessing the violent desire to write.

12/24/2006

KITCHEN ITCHIN'

I have a superpower. It's not a very useful superpower, so I don't brag about it. But I have the ability to guess, with unerring accuracy, what's in wrapped presents. Mostly presents for me. The Scientist hates this ability with a passion. So much that she has forbidden me from touching or shaking any presents (that's the only way it works).

So, remember how I wrote before that I really wanted an iPod Nano? Well, my superpower has given me the strong feeling that my sister-in-law got me one for Christmas. I should be excited about it, and I am, don't get me wrong. But, I'm far more excited about another gift:

Kidkraft Wooden Kitchen & Refrigerator. (Ugly child sold seperately).

Is that awesome or what? I cannot wait for the girls to come down tomorrow morning and see this thing. At some point this thing will go to live in the kitchen so the girls can cook along with daddy while he makes dinner. This will serve the dual objectives of letting them express themselves through play and keep them the hell out of my way.

That's what I'm looking forward to... the look on their faces. Because, superpower or no, that's one thing that I know for certain will be waiting for me under the tree.

Merry Christmas.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home