Skrip - tyur' - i - ent: adj. Possessing the violent desire to write.

11/05/2006

WEEKENDER BENDER

The Scientist has to work every third weekend. This never works out evenly, far as I can tell, due to people being off and what-not. The result is me being surprised every Friday and saying, "Oh hell, you have to work this weekend?"

And here's where I've developed a deep respect for single parents. Having the girls to myself Saturday and Sunday can be... taxing. Not that the diaper changes and feeding is a big deal; it's more the daggers that are driven into my skull when Macey is screaming "MAMA! MAMA!" for two hours straight. And no adults to bitch to.

Today was especially bad. To add to Macey's screaming was Lily's never-ending pleas of "can I have some candy? Please? Please can I have some candy? I want some candy!" At one point she ran into the room and shouted at me, "I want some candy NOW!" Tone your ass down, Veruca Salt, that's not going to get you anywhere. Damn you, Halloween!

It doesn't help that I'm still hacking and coughing like a lung cancer victim, horking up great green gobs of God-knows-what. I’m just tired of being sick. I’m afraid that I’m actually going to have to go to the doctor now, just to make sure I don’t have pneumonia or some exotic lung-rot. Ugh.

But, The Scientist is home now, and other than being a grumpy dick (me, that is) all is calm in the house again. Whew.

Wow… when you have to post every day, the quality of the writing sure goes down, huh?

3 Comments:

Blogger cadiz12 said...

i know how you feel, especially about that very last part. and i can't imagine any of it is easy when you're expelling greenish goo.

i'm banking on the fact that after the month is over, my overall post quality will have gone up. we'll have to see how that works out.

hang in there.

4:25 AM

 
Blogger Lil Kate said...

It's just forcing you to be more creative - you're not allowed to pick and choose among the entertaining events in your life. You have to make do with what you've got for the day.

Either way, I'm still entertained. ;)

9:51 AM

 
Blogger craig said...

Thank God you're easily entertained then, Kate. : )

10:08 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home