Skrip - tyur' - i - ent: adj. Possessing the violent desire to write.

4/24/2007

ANCHOR RANCOR

In today’s Plain Dealer (emphasis mine):
CBS executives deny it, but there’s a growing feeling within the network that Katie Couric is an expensive, unfixable mistake. So unfixable that Couric ... may leave “CBS Evening News,” probably after the 2008 presidential election ... Couric, the former star of NBC’s “Today,” has failed to move the Neilsen needle on the No. 3 “Evening News” since her debut seven months ago. … Already-low morale in the news division is dropping, says a veteran correspondent there. “It’s a disaster. Everybody knows it’s not working.”

Full story here (including CBS’ assurances that Couric isn’t going anywhere).

To everyone who said I was way off base with Katie Couric, I guess you were right. I only gave her six months.

###

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been waiting for this like it's Christmas Eve!

7:53 PM

 
Blogger craig said...

Man, Janice, that made me laugh. When I die and go to hell, it's nice to know I'll have someone to talk to.

12:23 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll keep your seat warm for you, okay?

3:11 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home