Skrip - tyur' - i - ent: adj. Possessing the violent desire to write.

8/22/2005

#099 In which our hero gets another job, quickly.

In case you didn’t catch it in this post, I’m employed again.

I made a call the Friday I was fired, the guy called me back on Monday morning, I met with him later the same morning, and I started there the following Wednesday. Yeah, too strange.

And if you’re wondering what I’m doing now… well, I’m afraid you’re going to have to keep wondering. Thing is, I’m a little paranoid that this here Web site helped get me fired. It’s all in my head, I’m sure… I’m not actually high-profile enough to get dooced, but I still wonder… my firing came extremely quickly, and I did refer to my place of business in one past as a “shithole.” But you totally have to see it in context -- it wasn’t that bad a description! Honestly! Anyway, the bottom line is that if you know my full name, it’s not hard to find me on this site.

So, I’ve initiated radio silence when it comes to my new job. Partly because it’s just good sense, I mean, good Lord, does anyone really write freely about their co-workers any more? But also, I’m keeping mum because I really want to write about my new job! Nothing bizarre has happened yet, but it’s one of those jobs where you know it’s coming.

But, my boss seems like a nice guy, I have an office again (with a real door!) and in six months, if I haven’t already been fired again, I might even consider bringing in some personal affects to dress it up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home