Skrip - tyur' - i - ent: adj. Possessing the violent desire to write.

5/20/2006

#122: In which our hero returns triumphant.

Hey!

Jeez, has it really been two months since I posted? Time flies. And my-oh-my so much has happened in those two months! Quitting a job! Getting a new job! A death in the family! Heavy machinery in the yard! Thrills! Chills! Narrow escapes!

Oh, and did you know there are like, tools, that you can use to make updating your website not a complete pain in the ass? And that you can get these tools for free?

So The Scientist decided that she wanted a blog, and instead of going through a bunch of fuss, she set one up with Blogger. And once I saw how easy it was (she set the damn thing up in 10 minutes, and was posting seconds later) I thought, "son of a bitch."

This is usually how it goes. I got through all the rigmarole and my wife later points out how I could have saved 12 steps by doing it some other way.

But, I always wanted my own URL, and that's why I went to the fuss of registering scripturient.com. But, after poking around Blogger, I discovered that you can publish to your own server. After I read that, I was sold.

So, yeah, Blogger. Gives me everything I want: comments, simple archiving, and the ability to post quickly and easily. I've only been here for three days, but so far it seems to completely be the awesome.

Lots to tell. More soon.

1 Comments:

Blogger Dressage Mom said...

It's about time. You know how many people have asked me when you're going to be updating your site? Like, 4!

8:20 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home