Skrip - tyur' - i - ent: adj. Possessing the violent desire to write.

8/30/2006

PANTS RANT

Here’s why my marriage works. This morning I saw that The Scientist had dressed Macey in ridiculous white shorts with big, bold patterns on them. I could not let this go uncommented upon.
ME: Is Macey going golfing after daycare?
THE SCIENTIST [already tired of this conversation before it even begins] Yes.
ME: She is? But, but, does she have clubs?
TS: Yes, I made them for her. Out of wishes and rainbows.
ME: You have time to craft things out of wishes and rainbows but you don’t have time to do the laundry?

To which she replied with a slight smile that said, “You’re an asshole. But you’re funny.”

2 Comments:

Blogger Dressage Mom said...

And I think I was correct on both counts.

:)

9:56 AM

 
Blogger Lil Kate said...

And that's what we're all looking for in a spouse, isn't it?

:)

1:22 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home