Skrip - tyur' - i - ent: adj. Possessing the violent desire to write.

4/30/2008

TEA SPREE

About a month ago I was cleaning off my dresser when I came across an individually wrapped tea bag. I don’t remember where I got it or how it got on my dresser, but there it was. It might have been a remnant from my brother-in-law’s gift basket when we flew out to California for his wedding.

I’m not a big tea drinker, but I have read good things about green tea. So, I usually keep a box of green tea in the cabinet, and when I have a hankering for something hot, but can’t be bothered to make coffee, I have a cup of green tea. I like to think that the benefits of the antioxidants and whatnot in there makes up for the generous amount of sugar I use. But anyway, this mysterious tea bag is “Good Earth Teas’ Original Sweet & Spicy.” On a lark, I decide to give it a try.

And holy Lord, it is the most delicious tea I have ever had.

I cannot get over just how fantastic this tea is. Man! Naturally, I want more of it. So I hit my local grocery store. They don’t have it. I go to the discount grocery next door. They don’t have it. So I go to the Whole Foods, which is a little out of the way. They don’t have it.

I start getting a little desperate.

So I look it up online and, like everything else in the world, you can have it sent right to your doorstep. So I do.

A couple of days later I’m meeting The Scientist and the girls out for dinner. I’m early, so I run over to Wild Oats which is completely out of my way, but close to where we’re eating. I don’t expect them to have my tea either.

But they do.

Elated, I buy a box. Then, a couple of days after that, the tea I ordered online arrives. But here’s the thing: at the time, I was consumed with getting more of this mélange-like tea. I could have just got a single box of tea, but there were considerable savings if I bought multiple boxes.

Thus:



I got six boxes. Seven, if you count the one I bought at the store.

The tea is still delicious, but… well, it appears that now that I have an ample supply, it’s not quite at delicious as it seemed at first.

Does anyone know if you can freeze tea?

###

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger cadiz12 said...

i think tea lasts quite a while if you keep it somewhere not humid. but i could be wrong; it doesn't last very long at my house.

maybe you find some other types you like and rotate that flavor in every once in awhile? it'd be a shame if you got sick of something you liked so much.

2:37 PM

 
Blogger Ronald Hazen said...

I did the same thing when I came across a double-bergamot Earl Grey tea. I ordered, like, ten boxes for the bulk savings. Mmm, delicious frugality!

3:20 PM

 
Blogger Jules said...

Numi Moroccan Mint tea is the best. I finally found it at Whole Foods so I didnt' have to order in bulk....glad you got something out of our gift basket. i worked really hard on putting it together filled with Made in California, julie

12:11 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I knew you liked being teabagged.
Wha?

8:38 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home